Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

YAY I'M ALMOST THERE!

I can see the end... it's close... really close.

The end of undergrad, that is. I can't really believe it's almost over. I feel like I've not had the chance to really live the college life. I'm definitely okay with it, just a bit melancholy. I'm a little sad about leaving my friends... the other rising seniors who I am leaving behind, and my fellow leaving-students who are traveling to all ends of the earth. Obviously, there's Facebook, and I'm going to make new friends, but it's just... weird.

So as far as my list of to-do items. Here's an update:
Biochem take-home test, due tomorrow.
Microbio exam in-class, Friday
Seniors' dinner, Friday night
Cards game, Saturday evening
Work, Sunday
Microbio take-home exam, due Monday
Lunch with Amanda and Mrs. Cole!! Monday
My last day at Dr. Little's (Definitely going to cry a little over that), Monday
Biochem gene annotation paper, Tuesday
Biostatistics final exam, Wednesday.

And there is the Cards game on Sunday, and my lunch date on Monday, and then on Wednesday, on my way home, I think I'm gathering up the greatest little five-year-old in the world and keeping her for a couple days.

Oh yeah... my room... bleh. It needs HELP. It's bad.

On the home front... The goats are doing great... we are going to try a new homeopathic treatment on the whole herd and see if it makes a difference. I'll keep you updated on that.

AND... THIS happened last weekend:

Baby Shakespeare!! He's out of Teri's doe Noel and our old buck Toby. He's HUGE and has white spots on his neck!

Cute cute cute. He's a keeper, for sure.

Ginger Belle and Ladybug continue to improve. I am not sure Ginger Belle ever ate grass before she came to us... she didn't know quite what to do with it at first. Then she started munching away greedily on the dark, thick chunks of grass while the other goats nibbled on the tender, lighter shoots far away. I think they were making fun of her for eating the grass growing out of the poop piles. Both girls have gained about 15 pounds each since their arrival.

Time to get back to my homework. I do have a presentation today but I don't think it is that big of a deal. Once that is over, I'm dedicating the afternoon to this silly biochem take-home and studying for my micro exam. Probably ought to spend about an hour or so on my room, too. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment