Saturday, May 7, 2011

Purple Tiger Stripes???

Yesterday was one of the most emotional and bittersweet days I can remember.

To start it off, I was up until 3:00 AM with Irene and Gaby at Steak n' Shake, studying for our micro exam.

Then, at 9:59, Dr. Ronnie Elmore from K-State called with the news I've been waiting for... I was accepted to Kansas.

Which, of course, was exciting and terrifying and confusing all at the same time. I asked for a while to think about it; he gave me until Monday. I cried.

Then, I made it through the last day of undergrad classes, and my last day of classes at LU.

I finished 101 of my 200 question take-home micro final.

Then I went to the LU Biology graduates' dinner. Of course, I'm not graduating, but I am leaving for grad school, so the faculty invited me along. Everyone is being so nice. And I cried a little.

And then I went home to discuss this whole K-state vs. Mizzou thing. All day yesterday, I really couldn't decide. I talked to everyone and everyone had a different idea or view or point to make. On one hand, Kansas is my dream school. On the other, MU is practically in my backyard (if my backyard extended for 2 hours). MU is cheaper. KSU gives out tablet PCs and microscopes. MU has a 2 years lecture/2 years clinical curriculum. KSU lets second years do spays and neuters.

I've definitely lost sleep over this and cried and prayed and thought and discussed and basically made myself sick. Part of me wants to be rash, accept K-state, move to Manhattan, and live on my own for 4 years. The other part of me still is set on moving to CoMO and being with my friends.

This morning, I knew what I needed to do. I'm headed off to make the phone call to close one door...

No comments:

Post a Comment