Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sick day, long weekend edition

I should be studying, as always. But it is a long weekend, so I could even be cleaning or doing something constructive. Or working on cards (more on that in a minute). I could even load up the dogs and go hiking.

But I am sick, and thus, am allowing myself a sick day. It includes snuggling under the covers with the dogs and drinking lots of hot tea.

Hopefully I will be all better by tomorrow and Zach and Becca can come over. We'll see.

So it's been a month since I last posted. Semester One ended well with three B's and one A. Now we are on a block schedule, so we've got six more weeks of large animal anatomy, GI phys, microanatomy, nutrition, and developmental anatomy. Actually, large animal and developmental continue to next block. So far, so good-- I've gotten an A on one quiz and a B on one test. Our first LA anatomy test is Tuesday. Eep.

Christmas break was fun and much appreciated. I slept and slept and slept and honestly didn't get much done. Oh well. I made all my Christmas gifts-- I gave my mom a woven sunflower rug, Zach and Dad got knitted sock hats made from a WWII pattern given out by the Red Cross, and Teri got a blingy necklace for showing next summer. I got a scarf from Bec, iTunes card and a funny plaque from Zach (the plaque says "My windows aren't dirty-- that's my dog's nose art!" So true for the front window. Honor is a master artist), and a Bucket Head from Mom and Dad. It's a top for a 5 gallon bucket that turns the bucket into a shopvac!!! Awesome. They also got me some gardening tools and an omelet skillet so I can omelet to my heart's content. Christmas at the Seals' netted me all sorts of household goodies and some new clothes.

I've almost got the duplex unpacked and organized. Only took me five months, which is probably a record I wil never break.

I needed some type of income-producer, so I've started making and selling photo notecards with photos of our animals. I'm working on a Facebook page for them, but it's not quite done yet. You can hop over if you want, but I'm not taking orders until I officially publish the page. Please disregard the captions on the photos albums-- the prices are incorrect nd the collections are being rearranged. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reflections-of-Eriphos-Farm/217720578309348. Hopefully I'll be ready in a few days.

We've had our first lamb born at home-- a very Doper-looking Dorper cross ewe named Lucille. She's out of Dorothy and Amos. Her big sister, Stella, should be due any day. Baby goats won't arrive until March or April. Boo.

That concludes this episode of the random ramblings. When I come up with something interesting to post, I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment