Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Woes

It's Sunday night and the weekend is over and all I really want to know is why Mondays are necessary. I believe I would be much more productive if every weekend was a three day weekend. That leaves one day for relaxing or having "me" time, one day for life things, and one day for studying.

Instead, I get Friday afternoons for me time, Saturdays for life things and studying, and Sunday for studying.

And then things happen, like water heaters stop working and friends have awesome Visible Horse hoedowns, and my weekend turns into Friday-Saturday-Sunday "me" time, and Sunday night cram-cram-cram.

This weekend was worse: by the time Thursday afternoon rolled around, I was more or less dead and couldn't bear the thought of studying ANYMORE. So I rented the The Help, bought a pizza, and kicked back. Honor and Gonzo ate half of said pizza.

Friday was a very laid-back "me" time. I cleaned a little. I groomed the dogs. I discoved Netflix. OMG. My life will never be the same. I feel as though I was mis-using the internet my whole life.

On Saturday, I was up bright and early for another palpation lab at the dairy. I seriously love cows. They rock. I got to ultrasound one and I wasn't very good at it.

Sometimes I almost choke up when I am doing something I love and realize that this will be my career. Someone is going to PAY me to do something I enjoy doing, and I will be considered the expert. This isn't some summer job that I like, this is my LIFE. Eeee!

I did some laundry a bit of shopping and then it was time (we're still on Saturday) for an Evelyn-Stacy-Melissa-Bree-Amanda-Tora get-together!! We all brought a dish (I brought Mexican Chicken) and Amanda brought her Visible Horse and it was one of the funniest nights I've had in a long, long time. I got home after midnight and crashed into bed.

This morning, I got up and was determined to fix my hot water heater. I am not a plumber. I don't have time to deal with it, either, so that is a little inconvienent but that is there are showers at school.

I started studying about noon and now it is almost 8 and I am no where near ready for the quiz tomorrow. Oy vey. I need another day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment