Monday, August 22, 2011

Livin' the Dream

Well, so much for writing everyday.

Onward to better things.

If you are just now reading this, please start at the beginning (oldest post) for a complete-ish record of my journey from February until now.

I just finished my first day of vet school. I'm slightly confused, not because of the curriculum, but because of the schedule. I'm sure it's no different than undergrad, it'll just take me this first week to get it figured out.

So here's a recap of my day:

Alarm went off at 6:00 am. My first thought was "Why the heck did I set my alarm for 6?!?!?"

I shoved a pillow over my head.

And then I remembered:

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF VET SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So out of bed I lept, slammed the alarm clock, and began the day.

Put on coffee (I hate coffee).

Walk the dogs.

Shower.

Dress.

Gather computer.

Sit and wait for 7:00 to arrive.

Check lunch.

Check supplies.

Re-pack lunch.

Leave at 6:50.

I arrived at school just after 7:00 am, and most of my classmates had already arrived.

I found a seat, plugged in my computer, and waited for my Veterinary Cellular Biology class to begin at 8:00. It was pretty basic for the first day.

9:00 am rolled around, and Physiology began. Pretty basic.

10 am: two hour break. I ate lunch and chatted with my new buds.

Noon, and it's time for Microanatomy. Two hour lecture/lab, and we're done.

Back at home, I walked the dogs, went over my notes, checked my lectures for tomorrow, and watched Hannah Montana: The Movie.

I had cheesy vegetables for dinner.

And that's it. Bo-ring so far. I'm sure it's going to get much, much, much, much, much, much worse.

But such is life, and hey, this was MY dream, right?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment