Thursday, February 17, 2011

I've got some explaining to do...

Hi!
This blog is mainly for myself, mostly because a.) I get bored studying (I just completely ROCKED a biochemistry exam and am currently sick of textbooks, thus I am on the computer) and b.) I want to remember this craziness I'm living. BUT, if you like what you read, by all means follow along! You're sure to get some laughs and probably some tears along the way... and who knows, you might learn from my mistakes.

And hopefully this blog will help my friends and family keep up with me while I pursue my dream of vet school. So read on, get acquainted, and once I'm done I'll get back to studying biostatistics.

I'm currently 20 years old and a third year student at Lindenwood University. I plan to attend veterinary school this fall ('11) but the vet schools might have other plans... I've been waitlisted at Kansas State (sigh... dream school!) and my interview at Mizzou is March 7th. I have a pretty strong academic score and should have a strong non-academic score, so Mizzou is looking pretty viable. And I didn't get rejected at K-State, but I am a very impatient person, so waiting is no fun. And they tell me I may have to wait until August 15th. Of course, I could just not get in this go-round and be waiting until August 15th 2012. Ugh.

Oh yeah, and you might have guessed by my blog's name-- I'm a goatherdess. What's that, you say? Well, like a shepherdess (I'm that too, admittedly), but with goats. I raise Boer goats and as strange/weird/odd/awkward as it may sound, they are my life. Don't get me wrong, I love my dogs and horses and everything else, and will likely have to spend the next 4-5 years of my life woefully goat-less, but I love goats.

So as you come along with me, you're likely to hear about goings-on around the farm, trials and tribulations of college life, and my journey to vet school.

Mi vida loca-- welcome to my crazy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment